USPS logo LINK — USPS employee news Printable

Traveling for work?

Some locations exempt hotel taxes

Hotel taxes
Some states and territories exempt hotel taxes.

The Postal Service wants employees to remember that individually billed travel cards are exempt from hotel taxes in some states and territories.

You can go to the U.S. General Service Administration site’s SmartPay section to find out if you’re traveling to a location that allows a hotel tax exemption.

If you’re going to stay in a hotel in one of the places listed on the site, check whether a tax exemption form is required for your travel location. If a form is required, print it and carry it with you. When checking into the hotel, inquire about the tax exemption and provide the form if needed.

The TravelHelp Blue page has additional information on tax exemptions.

Post-story highlights