USPS logo LINK — USPS employee news Printable

Handling damaged article claims

Employees must complete and submit PS Form 2856, Damage Report of Insured Parcel and Contents, for any damaged article claim. If an employee fails to properly complete and submit this form, the customer’s claim will be denied. The Accounting site’s Handling a Damaged Article at the Local Post Office section has more information.

Post-story highlights